- – Well designed for travel
- – Well sized
- – Folds easily
- – Light in weight
- – Lots of drying power
- – Usually returnable if you are not satisfied
- – Well priced
- – The chord can tend to tangle
Every girl dreams of having a travel-friendly hair dryer that still does the job like a more expensive model — the CHI Tech Travel Ceramic Hair dryer ticks this box. The product is light, folds away easily, aesthetically pleasing, and it dries your hair with a professional finish.
The hair dryer has several distinctive features, making it quite advanced for a small travel dryer. If you want a compact hair dryer for your travels, but you refuse to compromise on quality, then you’ll want to keep reading this CHI Tech Travel Ceramic Hair dryer review.
- – Precise touch screen controls for speed, heat, and ions
- – Reduce drying time by 50% with 1875 watt power
- – Compact, ergonomic design
- – Clean design—no switches in the way
- – Limited 2-year warranty
- – Touch screen hard to use with damp hands
The CHI Touch 2 Touch Screen Hair Dryer is a slick and intuitive touch-controlled hairdryer. With a 4-inch touch screen panel and a speedometer to customize your settings, this hair dryer allows you to control the temperature, speed, and ionic output. You can style your hair your way, all while reducing thermal damage from heat styling. Read on for more details on this product in our CHI Touch 2 Touch Screen Hair Dryer 2020 Review.
- – 100% solid ceramic plates
- – Black tourmaline-gemstone coating
- – Far-infrared technology—consistent heating and bacteria reduction
- – Adjustable temperature makes this suitable for all hair types
- – Special Edition—that means supplies are limited. It’s really too bad that they would limit the availability of such a great product, but there you have it.
The special edition tourmaline-coated ceramic Leopard is another great product from the Fahrenheit hair care system. Similar to the Heat Wave collection, the Leopard also has 100% solid ceramic plates, which means that it is made of material that has been proven to be reliable in terms of consistent heat output in the hair care industry.
But aside from its flashy design pattern, the Leopard stands out for its black tourmaline-coated gemstone plates. Tourmaline is a crystallized mineral that is ground up into fine powder and applied to the ceramic plates of some straighteners as a form of insulation. Tourmaline plates guarantee even heating and provide a frictionless surface—so no bumps in your otherwise straight hair! The tourmaline coating entails that the heat emanating from the flat iron is evenly distributed throughout the plate, allowing for a controlled application of heat. This is ideal for people who have thick or difficult to manage locks because it allows you to turn up the heat on the flat iron without burning your hand or causing damage to your hair.
- – Salon professional technology
- – Titanium plated for durability
- – Ideal for multi-styling
- – Has keratin treatment built into plates
- – Automatically shuts down after 60 minutes of inactivity
- – Limited temperature controls
The Amazon listing for the Izutech Ktx 450 Titanium Digital Flat Iron boasts that this product heals and hydrates hair that has sustained damage by years of styling. While we’re not sure that a heated straightener could HEAL your damaged hair, this product certainly has a go at being a kinder styling tool to your locks than others.
- – World-famous, trusted brand used in salons across the globe
- – Advanced technology
- – Multi-styling capabilities
- – Automatic shutdown after an hour of inactivity
- – Sensors that calculate hair porosity – kinder to hair
- – Most expensive product on our list
- – This exact product can only be shipped within the US (though other GHD products can be bought worldwide)
With its luxe gold plates and multiple awards to its name (from the likes of Company Magazine, InStyle and CoolBrands), this flat iron is instantly associated with premium functionality and being a worthwhile expenditure. But in the wrong hands, a truly professional tool like this can spell disaster for your hair. Salon-trained stylists obviously know how to handle heat on different hair types; but everyday women buying straighteners often neglect to research the proper use for their hair.
The GD IV Styler reaches scorching temperatures of above 350°F – obviously this would burn your skin to a crisp if you were to touch it, so we need to apply the same precautions to our hair. Just because you can’t feel it, doesn’t mean huge amounts of heat damage isn’t being done to your tresses. It’s recommended that you drastically reduce this top temperature (even use less than 200°F if your hair is fine or almost-straight anyway), and coat your hair with protective spray before use.
- – Precise heat adjustment
- – Beautiful eye-catching design
- – Optimized for multi-styling
- – Used by salons
- – Five-year warranty
- – Zero, that we can tell!
All this alone would be enough for us to crown the BioIonic OnePass our straightener of choice… But there’s more. The styler allows for precise heat adjustment, meaning YOU control the amount of heat that hits your precious locks. (Our pro tip: turn it down!)
We also award top marks to the look of this straightener. The luxe-looking dark grey of the styler compared with the baby blue plates is a complementary colorway that works wonders.
The curved barrel of BioIonic’s OnePass means curling and waving your hair is no problem at all. The silicon strips aid this function, making it one of the quickest tools for curling on the market. Once finished, simply brush out your curls, spritz with hairspray and dash out to your party.
- – Great multi-styling capability
- – Titanium plates reach full heat quickly
- – Super-advanced heat settings for all hair types
- – Reaches unnecessarily high temperatures
- – US voltage means that it may not be usable outside the US/Canada
BaByliss are the beloved, international haircare brand loved by teenagers and women alike. They create innovative new hairstyling products, that look fun and function like a dream. In my opinion, they’re the perfect introduction to haircare products for young people or newcomers to styling: straightforward to use, easy to handle, cute to look at, and with all the safety precautions that are necessary when using heat.
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron is no exception. It’s an eye-catching, lightweight flat iron perfect for taking on your travels, or simply keeping on your dressing table at home.
- – Advanced technology for a smooth outcome
- – Fast drying
- – Multiple speed/heat settings
- – Cool button setting function
- – Comes with a host of customizable add-ons
- – Budget-friendly
- – Positive customer reviews
- – Slightly less powerful than some other models
- – Not as ergonomically designed as others
Never heard of the Jinri brand? Us neither, until we tried out this nifty little hairdryer. And we liked what we found. It handily comes with three attachments, meaning you can dry your hair in four different ways. It performs its job extra-fast and extra-well. Have a read of our full review and consider investing in a Jinri dryer today!
Although it’s a slightly lesser powerful model at 1875 watts (other dryers we’ve reviewed tend to be 2000 watts), this isn’t noticeable. It’s fast drying, infused with far-infrared, tourmaline, and ionic technology, and dries hair as well as the next product. These different technologies ensure your hair is defended from some of the harsher effects of drying and heat exposure. The combination of tourmaline ion technology, which makes for a frizz-free finished product, and far-infrared waves which penetrate hair for a more effective dry, equal a smooth and shiny blow dry.
- – 2000 watt performance and high speed cuts drying time by up to a half
- – Only hairdryer in the industry that allows for custom ion levels
- – Has a unique air speed dial
- – Ceramic and tourmaline combats frizz and lightens the model
- – Cool shot button for setting hairstyle
- – Comes with concentrator and diffuser nozzles
- – Awkwardly-positioned buttons
- – Some users find airflow isn’t hot enough
Cut your drying time literally in half with this innovative hairdryer, equipped with advanced technology allowing you to fine-tune all aspects of its functionality. Users can adjust speed, power, heat and even the levels of negative ions emitted, with precision controls. Create a completely custom style with this fully customizable dryer.
- – Smooth, frizz-free styling – great for all hair types
- – Precision styling control
- – Long power cord
- – Lower watt performance than other models may not be the best option for thick hair/hair that takes a long time to dry
This easy-on-the-wallet hairdryer set, containing two extra nozzles, is a budget model that doesn’t compromise any functionality. It’s equipped with ceramic and tourmaline technology, which makes the dryer lightweight and fast-drying. The cool shot button ensures your look gets locked and set after drying, and the extra-long, salon length cord means you have extra movement when styling. Overall, we think this is a great choice for those without big bucks to spare, and features most of the functions you’d expect from a more expensive dryer.