Wrinkles are inevitable; they’re a part of the aging process. However, some people are still taken by surprise when the first few neck wrinkles appear. If your neck lines are adding a couple of years to your appearance, there are some techniques you can try to lessen the appearance.
Wondering how to get rid of neck wrinkles? Read on to learn more!
1. Neck Exercises
Neck exercises are great ways to tighten or tone the neck muscles. In the process, you’ll increase blood flow to the area, hence boosting collagen production. Note that neck workouts won’t rid your neck of lines but prevent the formation of new ones.
2. Use Neck Creams
Just like you have a special cream for your face, you need a retinol-rich neck cream. Serums rich in vitamin c also offer great antioxidants when applied to the skin. They’ll shield against the sun’s damaging rays and increase collagen production. Both are essential to eliminating and preventing neck lines.
You’ve probably already heard about the benefits of skin exfoliation. However, be sure you’re not skipping your neck! Dead skin cells dull the skin’s appearance, so lather some sugar scrub or your favorite exfoliating body polish onto your skin. This will remove dead cells along with any dirt or oils accumulated in the pores. Your cleansed skin will allow anti-aging products to penetrate more easily.
4. Dermal Fillers
There is also the option of injectable dermal fillers to plump up the skin. Note that these results are temporary, so you’ll need to visit your licensed doctor for a touch-up every 3-6 months.
5. Botox Injections
Another way to eliminate neck lines is botox. This process involves injecting a small amount of botulinum toxin into your skin. Know that botox injections come with some side effects, so speak with your healthcare provider to learn if this option is right for you.
A surgical procedure involves removing a small amount of skin to stretch it back to its former position. In return, skin appears to be tauter. Anesthesia is used during this surgical procedure and the recovery time depends on the individual. However, typical neck lift recovery is two weeks.
7. Natural Home Remedies
Are you into natural home remedies? There are several products you can use – the best part being these ingredients are already in your kitchen. Some of our favorites include:
- Almond oil is filled with vitamin E – great for rejuvenating the skin. To use, massage a few drops on your neck every night.
- Yogurt is a natural moisturizer that will condition your skin. To make a yogurt mask, combine one tablespoon of yogurt with 4-5 drops of olive oil. Massage it onto your own skin, leave for 15 minutes, and then wash off.
- Aloe vera is great for deep neck lines. Combine 1 tablespoon of aloe vera with a vitamin E capsule (broken open) to create a mask. Massage the paste onto your neck, leave on for 5 minutes and rinse off.
Preventing Neck Wrinkles
The best treatment for neck wrinkles is having a healthy skincare routine in place. Just like you use cleansers, toners, and lotion for smooth skin, you should do the same for your neck. Here are some tips to incorporate into your skincare routine:
- Sunscreen! You’ve probably heard this a million times, and that’s because it’s true. Protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays by wearing sunblock whenever you’re outdoors (SPF of at least 30 is recommended).
- Stay Hydrated. The benefits of drinking water on a regular basis go beyond healthy skin. But in this case, know that staying hydrated means your skin won’t lose its elasticity.
- Manage Stress. Stress plays a big role in premature skin aging. If you’re someone who stresses out easily or deals with chronic stress, now is the time to nip this in the bud. It’s easier said than done; however, try these tips for managing stress.
- Eat Healthy. Having a well-balanced diet gives your body the nutrients it needs to combat illnesses and diseases. It also encourages cell renewal which helps prevent wrinkles.
Neck lines are part of the aging process and should be embraced! However, if you want to lessen their appearance, consider the above. These are the best ways to get rid of neck lines and, most importantly, prevent new ones from forming.