- RevitaBrow® Advanced
- RapidBrow Eyebrow Enhancing Serum
- Joey Healy Brow Renovation Serum (US)
- Boom Boom Brow Job (US & CA)
- Eyebrows 101: What you need to know before buying an eyelash serum
- Why are My Eyebrows So Thin and Patchy?
- The Hair Follicle Life Cycle: How Long Do Eyebrows Take to Grow Back?
- What is the Secret to Fuller Brows?
- What are the Benefits of Using an Eyebrow Serum, and How Do They Work?
- What Ingredients are Used in Eyebrow Serums?
- How to Use an Eyebrow Serum
- The Results of Eyebrow Serums: Before and After
Updated: December 03, 2017
We have all experienced that heart-dropping moment when we realize we’ve over-plucked our eyebrows. To make matters worse, we have tried to hide the error by filling in the gaps with an eyebrow pencil or styling our hair into a dramatic side-sweep. It seems that our days of teenage hair removal mishaps aren’t quite behind us, but unlike the fashion of the ‘90s this isn’t the time for thin brows; it’s all about the full brow.
Full, bushy brows will never go out of style, think supermodel Cara Delevingne, or Brooke Shields in the 1980 cult classic The Blue Lagoon; big brows have been trending from the catwalks to the silver screen worldwide for decades.
Women supposedly feel more confident with well-shaped brows that frame their face, and some even go to extreme lengths to replicate the big brow trend by getting treatments such as tinting, micro-pigmentation, microblading, tattooing and even surgery.
However, some prefer less intrusive options, such as using makeup to enhance what they already have. Or, another popular option is to speed up hair growth with the help of products such as eyebrow serums.
If your brows aren’t as thick as you want them to be, you may be in the market for a miracle product. Whether you’re having a hair removal emergency or are just wanting some more hair to play with, there are products out there that can help.
We have rounded up the best eyebrow serums that promise to get your eyebrows looking the best they possibly can, and compare their main features.
If you’re set on a stronger brow and want great results fast, we have found the top 5 eyebrow serums available to buy now.
You can also read the full reviews here:
- Enhances sparse brow hairs and makes them look thick and nourished
- Protects the hair from daily aggressors
- Conditions the brows to make them manageable and strong
- Easy-to-use application with doe-foot applicator
- Retails for around $132 for a 3ml bottle
Unique selling point
With its precise, user-friendly applicator brush, even men can reap the rewards of RevitaBrow by applying it to their sideburns and beards to enhance the hair’s appearance.
- BioPeptin Complex® (featuring biotin, green tea extract, peptides and lipids) strengthens the brows and works to prevents brittleness and breakage
- Calendula works to retain the brow’s moisture to keep them healthy and strong
- Swertia Japonica & Panax Ginseng are high in antioxidants and Vitamin B to enrich the hairs and keep them nourished
- Dechloro Dihydroxy Difluoro Ethylcloprostenolamide helps to stimulate hair growth
RevitaBrow has 4/5-star reviews on Amazon and its brand page on all areas of user experience.
Quality: 8/10 – most users are thrilled with the results they have seen from using this product. One user even say she was able to grow back her brows before her wedding day, which gave her immense confidence and joy.
Price: 7/10 – it’s quite expensive, retailing at around £99.00 ($132) for a 3ml bottle, but most users say it’s worth the cost.
Overall rating: 8/10 – if you can afford the product it’s an amazing purchase.
- It really works to enhance the user’s natural beauty
- It protects the hair from further damage and keeps it nourished
- It is easy-to-use for women and men
- A 3ml bottle lasts for four months
- Contains Prostaglandin analogues
RevitaBrow® Advanced is an eyebrow serum created by beauty experts RevitaLash® Cosmetics. If you want best results that last, RevitaBrow is for you. It has been clinically proven to help its users transform their brittle brow hairs into significantly thicker and denser hairs. And with that, helps bring back their confidence.
Their breakthrough formula includes peptides as well as gentler components including green tea, biotin, panax ginseng, swertia japonica, calendula and lipids which help protect the hair from daily aggressors without irritating the skin and eyes, and deeply condition the hairs to prevent breakage.
RevitaBrow’s groundbreaking formula contains Prostaglandin (listed in the ingredients list as Dechloro Dihydroxy Difluoro Ethylcloprostenolamide) which might be something users with finer hair and lighter complexions might want to steer clear of due to the possibility that it may tint the brow line and make hairs darker. However, the doe-foot applicator brush is so precise that you won’t easily apply product to the surrounding areas, trust us when we say, its the best.
Use everyday to see amazing results in four months (one 3ml tube of RevitaBrow will be enough to last you that whole time).
RapidBrow Eyebrow Enhancing Serum
- Clinically proven to increase brow fullness in just 60 days
- Offers 108% improvement to eyebrow density
- Ingredients help condition and rejuvenate the hair
- Fragrance-free and paraben-free
- Retails for around $30 for a 3ml bottle
Unique selling point
The unique selling point of this product has to be the innovative Hexatein™ 2 Complex, which is comprised of six ingredients that work together to give you voluminous brows.
The Hexatein™ 2 Complex consists of:
- Polypeptides – helps enhance the brows’ fullness
- Biotin – made up of Pro-vitamin B7, Vitamin H and Coenzyme R which helps to maintain healthy hairs
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) – nourishes and conditions the brows so that they are easy to manage and style
- Keratin – helps boost the brows’ protein structure, making them stronger
- Apple Fruit Cell Extract – an anti-aging ingredient that helps keep the brows looking youthful
- Sweet Almond Extract – rich in emollient to give the brow hairs their shine
RapidBrow has amazing reviews on Amazon and receives 4- and 5-star ratings.
Quality: 8/10 – most users say they have had a positive experience with the product, with most citing re-growth at around 60 days, as promised.
Price: 8/10 – it’s very reasonably priced, at around $30 for a 3ml bottle.
Overall rating: 8/10 – this product is a great first-time buy for those who are new to eyebrow serums.
- Clinically proven to increase brow volume in just 60 days, with 108% improvement rate
- Works to condition and renew the structure of brows
- It is safe to use for contact lens wearers because it is ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested
- Is paraben-free and fragrance-free
- Won’t dye the hairs and surrounding areas because it doesn’t contain Prostaglandin analogues
- Doesn’t contain Prostaglandin analogues so may not work as well as some other products
RapidBrow’s innovative technology will quickly enhance weak, sparse hairs and transform them into healthy, dense hairs. The promise is that you will see amazing results within in just 60 days of using it, which easily makes it our second best eyelash serum tested.
The product is created with an exclusive Hexatein™ 2 Complex and contains fortifying proteins, peptides and nourishing ingredients which will help to restore and repair sparse brows.
Apply RapidBrow twice a day with the mini brush with just a few strokes – in the morning and at night – and use it consistently for at least 8 weeks. Get ready to see yourself with fuller brows!
Joey Healy Brow Renovation Serum (US)
- Stimulates circulation to allow brows to grow back thicker in as little as 2 weeks
- Contains many moisturizing agents which keep the hair and surrounding skin healthy, conditioned and soothed
- Perfect for those who have over-plucked or over-worked their brows
- Retails between $100-$125
Unique selling point
Joey Healy is one of the most experienced, sought-after brow experts in the industry, so his imparted wisdom on eyebrow hair regrowth is a definite must-try.
- Pentapeptides – strengthen the hair follicle and improves health of surrounding skin to aid thicker growth
- Hyaluronic Acid – moisturizes the hairs so that they become stronger, healthier and shinier
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein – improves hair’s elasticity and smoothness
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) – keeps the hair strong and moisturised
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Asorbic Acid (Vitamin C) – antioxidants to improve overall skin and hair health
- White Tea – increases collagen production and reduces inflammation and skin cell damage
- Licorice – prevents hyperpigmentation
- Eyebright – soothes the skin, improves the complexion of the skin and reduces inflammation
- Rose – has anti-inflammatory properties and is moisturizing
User’s response to this product mostly positive on Amazon and on the brand’s website.
Quality: 7/10 – many customers have commented saying their sparse brows were transformed in weeks, but some were dubious that it improved growth. Some even said they experienced hair loss.
Price: 7/10 – Joey Healy’s eyebrow serum is expensive, retailing at over $100 on Amazon and $125 on the website
Overall rating: 7/10 – For it’s price, this product is perhaps not always worth it.
- The product was created by celebrity eyebrow specialist Joey Healy, who is based in NYC
- The product says users will see thicker eyebrows in as little as 2 weeks
- It boasts amazing ingredients that not only stimulate hair growth but improve overall appearance and health of the hair and surrounding areas
- You can wear it under makeup
- It’s on the costlier side of things
- Some users have experienced side-effects
Joey Healy’s award-winning Brow Renovation Serum was designed to help those of us who have accidentally over-plucked our brows and are in need of emergency assistance in growing them back.
The formula contains a blend of pentapeptides, hyaluronic acid and hydrolyzed wheat protein to stimulate circulation and hair growth. Then, the moisturizing agents such as Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C and Vitamin E help to strengthen and nourish the hair.
Other ingredients in this formula include white tea, licorice, eyebright and rose which conditions the overall brow and keeps the hairs strong. The formula doesn’t contain any nasty ingredients and is paraben- and fragrance-free.
To get the best out of this product, Joey Healy recommends using it morning and night for at least 6 weeks. When applying in the morning, make sure to wait 5 minutes for the product to properly dry before you apply any makeup. It promises to give you results in as little as 2 – 3 weeks.
Boom Boom Brow Job (US & CA)
- Bring Boom Boom Brow Bar home with you with their exciting brow serum
- Promises results in 4 – 6 weeks and transformed brows in just 4 months
- Apply a small amount morning and night for the best results
- Retails for $40 – each bottle is one month’s worth of supply
Unique selling point
You can experience the excitement and mastery of the Boom Boom Brow Bar based in NYC at home for a small price.
- Prostaglandin I.C. – works to improve hair growth but can cause irritation and skin/hair tinting
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract – high in antioxidants and Vitamin B to enrich the hairs and keep them nourished
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) – keeps the hair strong and moisturised
There is a mixture of star-rated reviews on Amazon, from 1-star to 5-star
Quality: 6/10 – some people say they can see results and that it is easy to apply, but others say they see no real improvement
Price: 6/10 – the product is priced at $40 so is reasonably priced, but each bottle is on small and worth one month supply
Overall rating: 6/10 – there is a lot of contradictory opinions on this product, but the overwhelming response is positive
- Well-renowned brow specialists
- Brow Job promises great results in 4 – 6 weeks
- Contains parabens and Prostaglandin I.C. which can tint and irritate the hair and surrounding skin
- There is not enough information about the ingredients used in this product
The Boom Boom Brow Bar is based in New York City, but you don’t have to travel far and wide to experience the wonders of their eyebrow know-how. You can purchase their bottle of magic and use it at home, with guaranteed results in just 4 – 6 weeks, and fuller brows in 4 months.
Boom Boom Brow Bar’s eyebrow serum contains parabens and Prostaglandin I.C., so carefully consider the consequences of possible skin and hair tinting and the possibility of irritation.
Boom Boom Brow Bar recommends you apply a small amount of the product to the brows at least once a day – either in the morning before applying your mascara (make sure to wait a couple of minutes between applications), or before you hit the hay. The manufacturer recommends that over 30’s use the product in the morning and in the evening for optimum results.
- Award-winning lash-enhancing serum
- Thicker, longer-looking lashes in 4 weeks, and real results in 3 months
- Contains vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids
- Apply like a liquid eyeliner
- Retails for $65 for a 3-month supply
Unique selling point
You have to apply this product like a liquid eyeliner, which makes for great precision.
- Hyaluronic Acid – moisturizes hair so they become stronger and shinier
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract – keeps hair nourished
- Actiphyte Of Chamomile GL – works to help lock in moisture
The overwhelming response to this product is positive.
Quality: 7/10 – most people have seen results in 3 months, but some have pointed out that there are fake versions being sold online
Price: 8/10 – the price on Amazon is currently $65 but it lasts an amazing 3 months
Overall rating: 7/10 – The response seems mostly positive
- Award-winning formula to enhance the appearance of eyelashes and eyebrows
- Results in as little as 4 weeks
- Easy-to-use, safe and effective
- Bottle lasts 3 months
- Customer reviews have revealed that there are fake versions of the GrandeLASH-MD being sold online, which do not work
GrandeLASH-MD is a product by Grande Cosmetics owner Alicia Grande that won the Beauty Choice Award for best new beauty product. It is a serum that aims to revitalize eyelashes and eyebrows, and is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids. Results have shown that thinning, brittle lashes and eyebrow hairs have been transformed in 3 months, looking longer, stronger and thicker.
GrandeLASH-MD is incredibly easy to use. Simply line the product across the lashes and brows (as if it was a liquid eyeliner) and wait until dry. Do this morning and night for at least 4 weeks, and you’ll see great results in 3 months.
Eyebrows 101: What you need to know before buying an eyelash serum
Why are My Eyebrows So Thin and Patchy?
There are many reasons why your eyebrows could be thinning. It could be due to stress, ageing, genetics or ill-health. Or, it could be down to overzealous tampering with the hair which have left the hair follicles damaged.
We have all been victim to accidentally removing too much hair: plucking; waxing; threading; bleaching; lasering; shaving; there are countless methods we use prune our unruly brow hairs. However, there are unwanted consequences, and it can take a lot of time and patience to correct a mistake.
The Hair Follicle Life Cycle: How Long Do Eyebrows Take to Grow Back?
Understanding how long it takes eyebrows to re-grow is the first step in reclaiming thick brows.
The average lifespan of an eyebrow hair is about four months – at which time it will naturally shed. Before it reaches this point, there are three follicle stages which it passes through:
Anagen – Anagen is the active growth stage where new hair is produced, and it can last between 30 – 45 days.
Catagen – The Catagen stage is the short stage that follows the Anagen stage, whereby the hair shaft grows upward and gets cuts off from the blood supply and from nutrients. This is when some hair will shed or fall out.
Telogen – Telogen is the final stage of the cycle where the hair ‘rests’ and is inactive because it has grown to its full length. This stage can last between 2 – 4 months, and it is predicted that only 14% of hair is in the Telogen stage at any one time.
It’s important to recognize that an eyebrow follicle cycle differs from the cycle of scalp hairs and is considerable shorter.
The rate of regrowth is dependent on your metabolism, age and, more interestingly, when the hair was taken out and how.
If you plucked hairs that were in the Telogen stage of the follicle cycle they will grow back faster, as the hair has reached its longest length possible and the follicle is ready to produce another hair.
However, if you pluck hairs that are at the Anagen or Catagen stages of their cycle, they can take around two months to regrow. (On the contrary, removing hairs that are in the early stages of their life cycle is advised when waxing body hair.)
So, if you want your brows to grow back faster, it is not advised that you don’t pluck them at all. This is because plucking is believed to be a semi-permanent form of hair removal as it can take twice as long for the hair to regrow, and when it does it often comes back finer and sometimes paler.
When you’re waiting for new hair to grow, you’ll notice that it sprouts around the arch of the brow and at the ends of the brow before anywhere else. But, if you’re really determined to get back your full brow you should try not to touch them – even the stray hairs.
It could take up to a year for your brows to fully flourish again, but you must be strict with yourself if you want real results.
What is the Secret to Fuller Brows?
There are home remedies for almost all beauty treatments if you spend enough time scrolling through the Internet to find them. You may have heard some old wives’ tales that say household ingredients like onions can help your hair grow back thicker and faster. But to avoid smelling like an onion and making your eyes sting, there are better ways to help you grow back your beloved brows.
The most effective solution to speed up the re-growing process is to use an eyebrow serum. It won’t work overnight, but if you’re impatient (and let’s face it, who isn’t when it comes to beauty) it is the best way to see real results.
What are the Benefits of Using an Eyebrow Serum, and How Do They Work?
Eyebrow serums do wonders. They can drastically transform your eyebrow hairs from sparse and fine hairs into long, thick hairs, and once you have more hair to play with you can start to shape them to best suit your face (and certain brow shapes can truly transform a person’s face).
What Ingredients are Used in Eyebrow Serums?
Eyebrow serums contain ingredients that promote hair regrowth, such as proteins that will work to renew and condition damaged hairs.
A key ingredient often found in eyebrow serums is Prostaglandin analogue (PG) Bimatoprost, which is known to significantly increase hair growth. Used in conjunction with peptides, vitamins, minerals and conditioning agents (such as coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, almond oil, lavender oil, peppermint oil, chamomile oil and rosemary oil) it helps to lock in the moisture of the new hair that is growing. Together, they aid the growth process massively, so that the new hair grows back thick and nourished.
However, something to consider when using an eyebrow serum that contains Prostaglandin analogues (aka Dechloro Dihydroxy Difluoro Ethylcloprostenolamide) is that it has a noted side effect of darkening the hairs and the skin. This is great for people who want dark brows, as they won’t have to fill them in with eyebrow makeup. But if you have lighter eyebrow hairs and you want them to stay that way, you should steer clear of using a Prostaglandin-based product.
How to Use an Eyebrow Serum
Eyebrow serums typically come with a spoolie brush (similar to a mascara wand) where you can comb the product through the eyebrow hairs. Don’t be afraid to really work the product in by brushing firmly in circular motions. This will not only ensure every inch of the hair is covered, but will stimulate hair growth.
Simply apply the product with a spoolie every morning before you apply your makeup, and every evening before you go to bed, and let it work its magic.
The Results of Eyebrow Serums: Before and After
Unfortunately, you won’t grow a full brow after one day or even one week using an eyebrow serum – it takes patience and persistent. Most people report results after 60 days, but it’s definitely worth the wait.
It’s also important to note that eyebrow serums don’t necessarily speed up hair regrowth, but they do make the hair in question grow back thick and full. Especially if you are using a product that contains Prostaglandin analogues, you will notice dramatic results over time.
Branded Eyebrow Serum: The Lowdown
Eyebrows are huge, and they’re not going anywhere. Nowadays, we’re all after bushy brows.
The trend got a lease of life with the popularity of Cara Delevingne, and now Cindy Crawford’s bushy-browed daughter Kaia Gerber is making waves on the catwalk, there’s no signs it’s going to slow down.
If like so many of us you’re suffering from over-plucking way back when a thin brow was cool, and now your brows are listless, a brow serum can give you a much-needed boost.
The eyes are a sensitive area, and if you’re going to be lashing something so close to them twice a day, you want to make sure the product is reputable. That’s why a branded serum is your best bet.
You can guarantee a high quality with a branded product. We’re going to give YOU the lowdown on all the best branded serum’s in the market, to give you that confidence you’re getting something good for your brows and all around good for YOU.
We’ve reviewed the best in branded products on the market. These products use unique fortifying proteins, and some have been clinically tested, which means you can rest assured you’re getting the highest quality product.
We’re passionate about a good brand because we’re passionate about kind skincare- that gives you the results you want.
Struggling for Guidance on Eyebrow Care? We’ve Got You!
Eyebrows are big news, but how to get good brows can seem a total mystery. All you know is, you don’t just want them, you need them. How nice would it be to be that girl on Insta with comments like “Great brows babe!” and love-heart eyes from loads of other girls? But how hers look so good is something you don’t know right now.
Your Mom recommends you just leave them to grow, but you know they’re going to look wild and straggly in the meantime. Your cousin says her friend has had microblading and she loves it, but you don’t know this girl and you haven’t seen her brows. A couple of people recommend threading but- ouch!
Where to begin?
Put down that eyebrow pencil for a minute and let us help you grow some good brows.
We’ve produced guides that take you from the ABC of eyebrow care all the way to Z.
So if you want to know:
- Why your brows aren’t growing
- How to regrow your brows
- The best eyebrow serums on the market
- An introduction to the leading brands
- How to style your eyebrows
- The REAL story of microblading
We’ve got you covered. Just like you, we’ve been longing for good brows- and we may have just cracked the code.