3 Best CHI Curling Irons for 2022 Reviewed
It’s not always easy to find the best hair styling products with the range of choices available on the market. When faced with a decision, why not consider the L’ange Curling Wands? These curling irons are ideal for styling as they are incredibly versatile and work well for any hair type, from thick and wiry locks, to thin, slippery tresses.
Designed with matching barrel sizes, and set with a tourmaline-infused ceramic barrel, the L’ange Hair Lustré and Ondulé wands are perfect for elegant styling. While many wand designs work better for specific hair types or styles, the beauty of the L’ange models is their ability to adapt to and create different hair styles. Whether you’re after beachy waves, lazy curls, spiral curls or springy ringlets, the L’ange wands are able to create a variety of looks.
As a luxury styling tool brand, L’ange aim to maintain quality and style whilst remaining aware of developing styling technologies. The Lustré and Ondulé curling wands allow for customized styling and their versatility and simple yet professional curling style places them among the best curling products on the market.
1. CHI ARC Curling Iron
- – Rotating barrel puts less strain on your wrist and decreases styling time
- – Digital temperature adjustment prevents heat damage to hair
- – Equipped with an MCH heater for ultra-fast 30-sec. heat up
- – Reset Button makes it easy to bring clamp back to the center position
- – None! Gives you all you want in a curling iron at a great value!
The CHI ARC automatic rotating curler 3/4″ from Farouk systems is a high-quality ceramic curling iron. It comes equipped with an automatic rotating barrel to make hair styling quick and easy. The digital temperature control screen is easy to adjust as needed with + or – buttons.
2. CHI Spin n Curl Curling Iron
- – Reduces frizz and static
- – Enhances shine
- – Allows for one-handed curling
- – Suitable for use on all hair types and textures
- – Customizable temperature
- – Minimizes heat damage
- – Dual voltage (110/220)
- – Tangle protection
- – Can only curl small portions of hair at a time so may take longer to curl thicker hair
The CHI Spin n Curl is a leading hair styling tool made to help everyone achieve stunning, natural curls. It is a great option for use on all hair types and textures. The product is manufactured by CHI HAIRCARE, a US-based company made up of professional hairdressers. This means that buyers will have the peace of mind that hair and styling experts are behind the product!
3. Chi Ceramic Tourmaline Curling Iron
- – Reduces frizz and static
- – Produces exceptional shine
- – Able to curl at a lower heat
- – Digital temperature control
- – 1-hour auto shut-off
- – Dual voltage makes it convenient for traveling
- – Not great value for money
- – Often leaves a strong burning smell
Your hair is sacred, and it deserves treatment as such. How your hair looks and feels can be the difference between a good day and a great day, so you must have the best tools to optimize how your hair looks. The problem you face is working out what is best for you.
What to look for when buying a CHI Curling Iron
Why choose a CHI Curling Iron?
CHI offers curling irons in several different materials, depending on the kind of curls you love to wear. Depending on the material, beginners may prefer a different curling iron than a more experienced stylist.
- - CHI's ceramic tools are perfect for someone that needs an even heating surface to minimize heat damage. This is because of the negatively charged ions found in the ceramic, which stimulate the natural oils in your hair. With ceramic, curls will look silky and beautiful instead of dry and frizzy.
- - Tourmaline is similar to ceramic because it also uses negatively charged ions for heat protection. However, tourmaline offers more protection than ceramic, making this material an ideal choice for someone that wants to protect even the coarsest hair. For people that don't like to hold heavy curling irons, tourmaline is great because of its lightweight feel.
- - Titanium barrels are more suited for the seasoned styler. Because titanium tends to hold heat in for longer, people new to curling may damage their hair unintentionally. This is because when hair is curled with a titanium wand, you need to hold the hair for a shorter amount of time because this material stores heat. While titanium also has negatively charged ions for heat protection, the nature of the material makes it more suited for someone experienced in curling.
CHI is innovative with the extensive materials and functions in their hot tools. The ceramic tourmaline material combines the healthy effects of ceramic and tourmaline to both protect hair against heat damage and prevent any static electricity from causing frizz. The reason ceramic tourmaline is so beneficial is because of its Far Infrared technology and high amount of negatively charged ions.
CHI's curling irons have many additional features to make the curling experience as smooth as possible. Some of their curling wands feature a curling chamber, which hair is drawn into, curled perfectly, then released.
The preset temperature settings in the wand help you pick the temperature most appropriate for your hair. This way, you can completely customize your styling experience and prevent any heat damage from occurring.
CHI's ARC curling iron has a clamp that lets users hold their hair in place while styling, and also features a rotating barrel. The rotating barrel makes hair easier to curl and eliminates any discomfort from twisting the wrist and arm. Since tangled hair can also be a problem while styling, this iron also has a reset button that brings the clamp back to the center.
With CHI's Spin N Curl tool, beauty enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the conditioning effects from the ceramic material and the perfect temperature setting every time.
CHI's add-ons and settings stand out among the other styling brands. Instead of purchasing a high-priced traditional wand with no special settings, try a CHI curling iron and feel the difference.
Power and Wattage
When choosing the right curling wand, picking the one with the right power and wattage options is crucial. The CHI Spin N Curl tool has dual voltage, which allows you to use the tool internationally. Many other CHI hot tools also feature dual voltage. When you want to style your hair outside of your home country, all these hot tools need is an adapter to function. Remember to also choose the tool with the best maximum heat for the texture and coarseness of the hair.
So no matter where the hot tool is in the world, as long as there is the correct adapter, it can be used in any outlet.
The perfect temperature for your hair depends on the thickness and length. If someone has very thin or fragile hair, anywhere from 250 degrees to 330 degrees is most appropriate.
For the thickest, coarsest hair, however, one may need up to 460 degrees to style. Many CHI curling irons already have preset temperature settings to you can choose the best heat for your hair before you even start.
Also, if you've picked a temperature that isn't good for your hair, CHI stylers automatically adjust the temperature to stop any damage from occurring. CHI products take all the guesswork out of styling.
For those that forget to turn off their curling wand after styling, the Spin N Curl tool offers a one-hour auto-shutoff feature. So one hour after the wand is turned on, it is automatically turned off for safety.
This feature is also great for stylists that have kids. If left on, this tool can become dangerous to small children. Never worry about making a careless mistake with the one-hour auto-shutoff feature.
Depending on the kind of CHI curling wand, there are special features for each one. The Spin N Curl tool sucks hair into a chamber, curls it, then releases it. This tool is great for people inexperienced with curling their hair, since it does it for them.
Another unique feature of this tool is the tangle protection. Many similar curlers have a problem with tangling hair, but CHI's model prevents that annoyance from happening.
The ARC curling iron features the unique rotating barrel, which allows stylers to prevent discomfort in their wrist. When someone styles their own hair, the angles can get tricky. The rotating barrel completely prevents unnecessary movement and discomfort and helps achieve the best curl for the hair.
CHI's tourmaline ceramic curling iron is a perfect choice for those looking for an easy to use, high-quality wand. The mixture of both tourmaline and ceramic in the tool prevents static electricity from affecting the hair and causing heat damage. Tourmaline ceramic has the unique ability to distribute heat evenly as well as produce a very high amount of negative ions. These negative ions, as well as the Far Infrared technology, minimize damage for any hair type.
For those looking for the best shiny, frizz-free curl, CHI's tourmaline ceramic options are perfect.